Happy Holidays from nVest Advisors! We hope all of our “family” of clients have a safe, happy, and healthy holiday season, and we look forward to serving you in bigger and better ways in 2024!
A few last-minute reminders for our clients as the year winds down:
- Our office is CLOSED to appointments (service-related activity is still happening) from Friday, December 22 until Tuesday, December 26. We will resume normal office hours on Wednesday, December 27.
- Our office is CLOSED on Monday, January 1, 2024, in observance of New Year’s Day. All banks, government offices, and investment markets are also closed. We will resume normal office hours on Tuesday, January 2.
New Client Service Agreements
- All of our clients need to sign an updated service agreement BEFORE DECEMBER 31. We are sending those agreements to your email for easy e-signature TODAY. Please take a moment and complete this important regulatory document.
RMDs from Retirement Accounts
- We believe all of our clients who have required minimum distributions have already taken them for 2023, but if you have not yet received your distribution check(s), please notify our office by Thursday, December 21.
- Clients with INHERITED IRAs were granted a waiver of fees for missed RMDs for 2022 and 2023 (meaning, essentially, that you did not have to take one), but we emailed all clients with an inherited IRA and asked if you wanted funds anyway. Again, please reach out to us NOT LATER THAN Thursday, December 21 if you wish to take an RMD.
Tax Loss Harvesting
- We will be making a last-minute model change and rebalancing our clients this week to take advantage of any remaining tax losses for your non-qualified accounts and to set us up for what we believe will be a challenging 2024.
Annual Review Meetings in January
- As usual, we will be sending all of our clients an invitation to schedule an annual review meeting to update your risk tolerances and personal information, and to discuss your investing and financial planning needs as we go into 2024. Please book that meeting when you see the invitation.
Texas In-Person Meetings in January
- And finally, we will be in South Texas (San Antonio and south to the RGV) January 18-23 for in-person client meetings. Invitations for our Texas clients will be sent out the first week of January to schedule your meeting if you need it. Your Annual Review Meeting can be conducted at this time if you wish.
Thank you all for your years of friendship, trust, referrals, and recommendations. We are forever grateful to be your choice for your family’s (and business’) financial advisor. We hope to excel even more in 2024. Have a Merry Christmas and a prosperous and healthy New Year!
Jeremy Torgerson and the team at nVest Advisors